Tell the world about Minority Dealer Development.
Whether it’s a conversation with a customer, a potential employee or your local media, your involvement with MDD casts a great reflection on your dealership. Here are some key messages you can convey:
- Diversity is a priority for GM, its dealers and its business partners.
- GM understands and values minorities purchase power.
- GM was the first automaker to actively recruit, train and place minorities as dealers.
- The MDD vision:
- Create a profitable, sales effective Minority Dealer Network that reflects consumer diversity through ethnic representation of all GM brands throughout the United States, with a focus on priority markets
- GM and its dealers are creating a climate that is engaging, inviting to both minority men and women, and representative of the general population.
The perspectives and talents of all people are necessary for GM and its dealers to be successful.
Your “elevator speech”: The GM Minority Dealer Development Program, launched in 1972, operates in the U.S. to increase the presence of minorities in all GM dealership positions. It was the first program in the industry to provide an avenue for qualified minorities to become dealers. Through the MDD program, GM and its dealers work to actively recruit, train and place minorities as dealers and in all service, sales and management careers. This includes a special minority-focused internship program in partnership with Northwood University and MDD dealers.