Diversity: Our driving force.
Multicultural consumers are the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population. GM Minority Dealer Development is working to make sure our dealerships serve them.
Diversity is strength. In business, in communities and in all aspects of life. The automotive retail landscape is no exception. That’s what the General Motors Minority Dealer Development (MDD) program is all about. Our overarching objective is, as always, changing the face of automotive retail. We’re committed to giving our customers a comfortable, representative dealership environment, and we are doing it through attracting and retaining minority dealers to the GM dealer network.
THE MDD MISSION
The MDD seeks to grow a performance-driven, customer-focused and profitable dealer network by attracting highly qualified minority dealer candidates for dealership opportunities in the United States. It’s an arena through which these dealers can be nurtured to success and receive the support they need to grow their business. GM is the first U.S. automaker to institute a minority dealer initiative.
HERE’S HOW WE’RE DOING IT:
- We’ve made embracing diversity and inclusion a business priority
- We’ve placed a premium on the wide array of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of employees, dealers, suppliers and business partners
- We’re working to attract and retain highly qualified minority dealer candidates for dealership opportunities, recruiting and retaining dealers and other talent that reflects the diversity of our customers’ communities
- We’re relating to the diverse culture of today’s buyers through awareness, education and continued communications
- We’re ensuring we’re relevant to a wider audience, regardless of ethnicity or gender
GM’s Minority Dealer Development continues our industry leadership in providing growth opportunities for people representing all cultures, genders, ethnicities and diverse backgrounds.