What are 20 Groups?
MDD 20 Groups are comprised of up to 30 non-competing GM minority Dealer Operators or Executive Managers. These groups participate in extended face-to-face meetings two times a year in a setting away from dealer operations to focus on improving business performance.
- On average, dealers enrolled in 20 Group earn 30% more money than non-participants
- Opportunity to network with industry leaders
- Focused time to analyze day-to-day operations
- Ability to explore new profit opportunities
- Impacts & improves business performance
- All MDD members are eligible to participate
- GM covers enrollment costs and monthly fees for all MDD participants
- Enrollment is available on first come, firsts serve basis
- Additional enrollment information can be requested from:
- Nicole Welch, Dealer Performance Manager
How Do 20 Group Meetings Work?
MDD 20 Group meetings are currently facilitated by NCM, a professional moderator, and Chairperson/Vice Chairperson elected 20 Group members. All group members submit their input to help determine agenda topics, and members have real-time access to online resources throughout the meeting period.
Review the complete MDD 20 Groups Bi-Laws here.
- Groups are comprised of non-competing minority GM dealers, similar in volume, as determined by NCM and GM
- Members agree to guidelines regarding financial composite, meeting attendance and general conduct
- Dealers elect a chairman to oversee the group administration for a one-year term
- Group determines meeting locations and dates, in conjunction with NCM
- Group meets in person two times per year (1.5 days); conducts conference calls and private communications between meetings
- Meetings focus on operational challenges, exchanging ideas, succession planning and sharing best practices
Communication In-Between Meetings
- Monthly financial composites that include side-by-side comparisons of 20 Group peers
- Real-time access to monthly group composites and NCM Benchmark reports to measure financial performance against similar organizations and industry averages
- Access to a secure website and an online e-mail listserv that helps facilitate communication of ideas and experiences within the group
- Beneficial e-mail communication between 20 Group members & NADA as the group works together to share information, ask questions and get answers
YouTube 20 Group Highlights
MDD members who’ve participated in the MDD 20 Group since its start have had nothing but praise. Members of the group get individualized attention in areas of the business that most impact profitability. No one in the industry knows better how to help a dealer than another dealer. Participants in the group are striving for excellence. For both new dealers and seasoned dealers, there is not a better opportunity to learn something new. It’s not just about solving problems; it’s also about creating new opportunities.
MDD and the 20 groups have made a big difference for me. The meetings offer a great learning environment along with a chance for networking and camaraderie.
– Bill Perkins, Perkins Automotive Group
Getting together in these meetings, learning from different dealerships and getting to know each other have been a tremendous help to me.
– Steve Song, FH Dailey Chevrolet
These 20 Groups have really been invaluable to me and my success as a car dealer.
– Raymond Palacios, Bravo Chevrolet/Bravo Cadillac